Release revision history
1. Zcopy - Voids now copied and support for oval/rectangular slots added.
2. ce_HDL v2.0.0 - Update.
3. pcbStat - Various updates for hours, etc.
4. Mirror - Added mirror via by name option.
5. Place - Fixed an issue with sch xy when the import logic dir location changed.
6. Core - Updated the setup with clearer instructions.
1. Pcbstat - Shortened gui height and allow quit.
2. Layer - Added 17.2 Design_outline and cutout layers.
3. Core - Removed trigger message with pcbstat install.
4. Width - Added cline segment report by constraint property.
1. Spit - Removed Split all button.
2. Teardrop - Combined ignore buttons in gui and removed T option button.
3. ShapeModify - Added "same/new" layer and copy objects option.
4. Diffpair - Resize/Respace now supports up to 4 decimal accuracy.
1. Core - Change to the setup screen for site installs, etc.
1. Core - Removed: axlSetVariable("no_preselect_allegro" t) Cadence Case 46209028, "17.2 option
tab issue.." The CCR number is 1825397, and the severity is S1. Waiting on fix to persistent
Application mode/ministatus flash issue. Click in console window before dal command is the current
2. PcbStat - Fixed some install and initialization issues.
1. Text - Outlines of certain symbol graphics on non standard layers were displayed for incorrect
refdes position checks.
2. Zcopy - Added "NAMEFORM" in the find filter to select by property.
3. PcbStat - Initial release.
1. Core - Issue fixed with uncommitted database transactions. For example, after moving an object
with the standard move command and invoking a daltools command, the object would move back to
the last location. This has been fixed.
1. Drc - 3D clearance checker now supports anti pads on negative layers.
2. PCBStat - MGR+ Licensing and observation recording mechanisms complete.
3. Split - Underlying hidden associated dimension group now removed. No longer reappears after
moving associated object.
4. Mirror - Now can mirror/unmirror vias in the same location by select or all.
1. Library - Change to the Rev only check.
1. Text - Move text button reporting E- *Error* axlDBCreateText: argument #1 should be a string (type
template = "tlggg") - nil
1. Coax - Change the prop value so clines that change are drc'd correctly.
2. Danglingline - Fix for Cadence report.
3. Core - Change to dal for 16.6 back to "general mode" for ipick issue.
4. Core - Set default general mode to none to fix the disappearing option tab issue in 17.2.
1. CeHdl - License fix.
2. Browse - Added enhancements.
3. Text - Added pin number rotate and Ignore fixed for refdes import.
1. Xtalk - Fixed an issue when an xnet only had one member.
2. GndReturn - Added Highlight button.
3. Out - Fixed report form issue and PDF plot form hanging issue.
4. Place - Template repeat feature added.
1. Browse - Export/Import now works with symbols and pins. The GUI stays open when other
interactive commands are started now.
1. Images - Fixed a form blocking issue.
2. Layer - Non-etch was always switching to etch.
3. Plot - Form was blocking.
1. Out - Import copy/zip now has 60 max entries.
2. Via2Excel - Fixed an issue with < > in net names.
3. Delay - Added an option to turn off the pin delay colors when the pin delays are longer than the
memeber traces obscuring the color display.
4. Danglingline - Added several new options under highlight cline segments.
5. Delay - Now supports multiple match groups on a net.
6. Core - 17.2 S023 form issue where the ministatus would not stay has been fixed.
1. Netshort - Corrected a problem with run mode 2.
2. Layer - Fixed an issue when conductors and plane enable were both off.
3. ShapeCheck - Fixed an issue that was causing: E- *Error* parseString: argument #1 should be
either a string or a symbol (type template = "SS") - dbid:487489776 on negative layers.
1. Coax - Allow Drcs was not always functioning properly.
2. Adiout - Artwork_in was failing with >25 film layers.
3. Layer - No longer turns off all layers when started with etch tab and no etch layers are on.
4. ShapeSplit - Removed a console message and clear select set on highlight kaleidoscope.
1. Teardrop - Added 2 more rounded corners in the radius option where the shape meets the cline.
2. 17.2 date check for ISR s022. Fixes the mouse wheel zoom while in a dalTools command and xy
zoom to xy location in text windows.
1. Hole - Added purge padstack button.
2. Place - Added multi-page highlight under Other... button.
3. Zcopy - Added new classes for 17.2.
4. Area - Added DTS_AREA_IGNORE feature.
1. Hole - Fixed a form size issue when layer count was very high.
1. Hole - Added "Reset" button and fixed a form issue related to unused stacked hole layers.
2. Measure - Added more info about the hole type to the hole to hole measurement report.
3. Teardrop - Added Radius edges feature.
1. Core - Added 17.2 exception for all tools that use axlUIWTimerAdd() function.
2. Measure - Corrected a round off error between holes when accuracy was 4.
3. Teardrop - Fixed an issue that was failing in 17.2
1. Move - Fixed an issue with center between two objects.
2. Danglingline - Now ignores thieving vias.
3. Layer - Fixed an issue where the main view restore was not working.
4. Miter - Changed name and combined into one command called Miter for the legacy Chamfer,
Radius and Unmiter commands - This also fixes a Linux menu hang issue.
1. Place - Move the "Unique list of unplaced package symbols:" list to the top of the report.
2. Core - Corrected a problem with the 17.2 release date compare function.
3. Text - Import refdes locations now supports display top/bottom.
4. Hole - Fixed an issue where check did not work when values were changed in the gui until form
was closed and reopened.
1. ShapeSplit - Added ignore fixed option.
2. Corrected an issue with the fullVersion output in 17.2.
1. Library - Now compares DFA_DEV_CLASS property.
2. HDL - Fixed an issue with negative logic/bubble pins with sch WC* syntax vs chips.prt name of -WC.
1. Core - Removed the site option to eliminate env conflicts and interferences.
2. Ipick - Changed alias names to require the shift key to avoid env interference with the standard
arrow keys screen pan feature.
3. Core - 17.2 ISR date check for Cadence form issues.
1. Core - Fixed a problem with CEHDL license check when on a server network.
2. Area - The bottom area calculation was incorrect.
3. Align - New command. (beta version)
1. Compare - Now works with .mcm and .sip package databases.
1. Cut - Change the temp layer from manufacturing class to the board geometry class to resolve an
issue with design partitioning restrictions.
2. Testpoint - Min testpoint size drc now ignores bead type non circular errors.
3. Vertex - Now removes the side of the last click instead of the shortest side. Also move temp layer
from manufacturing class to the board geometry class for design team limitation.
4. Core - Now handles $localenv / $home paths with spaces.
1. Library - Zero length lines are now ignored in .dra symbols.
2. Place - Eliminated the need for the final mouse click in "Replace by page template".
3. Place - Added window position option to the option tab. Inner,Outer and Canvas modes.
4. Text - Added Enter string text to shape option.
5. Area - New command under the tools menu that calculated place bound areas on the top and
1. ShapeCheck - Added min void copper and air clearance check options.
2. Teardrop - TD to Fillet now works with pin/symbol that have the NO_SHAPE_CONNECT property.
1. Teardrop - Corrected an issue when multi-connect missing teardrops were not reported/DRC.
2. Hole - Changed the DRC marker to PTH instead of NPTH for easier identification.
3. Change - Fixed in APD/Sip W- *WARNING* (axlCNSGetDefaultMinLineWidth): No match for
subclass name - "top"
1. DRC - Added multi-select to the High V selection list.
2. ShapeSplit - Corrected a problem with anti-etch voids.
3. Out - Drill chart auto update option added along with several other new check options.
1. Layer - Corrected an issue when all etch layers were deselected it would not clear the display.
2. Stackup - Fixed an issue where the layers were not swapping properly.
1. shapeModify - Added layer selection when voiding pins.
2. padstack - Added several more options for automated padstack creation.
1. Net - Fixed an issue where if the "logic_edit_enabled" env was not set it would hang the editor.
2. Padstack - New command under the the Library menu to automatically create rounded and
chamfered corners in padstacks.
1. HDL - Corrected a 17.2 HDL menu installation issue.
1. Install - Support for 17.2 installs that do not have the path variables carried over from 16.6
installs. Note: 17.2 fresh install does NOT set the OS level paths.
1. GndReturn - Fixed decimal and unit box for Minimum distance to GND.
2. Chamfer/Radius - Added shapes, clines and lines to the find filter so entire objects may be
chamfered or filleted.
3. Library - Corrected a problem when spaces were in the $psmpath and $padpath.
4. Layer - Added probe, no_probe and no_gloss to layer list.
5. Coax - Corrected an issue when vias were kept that caused drcs when the "Allow drcs" button was
1. Out - Update to artwork and ncdrill to fix some output directory issues.
2.Compare - Fixed a problem where the film records mis-matched due to a long name length.
3. Teardrop - Various enhancements and bug fixes.
1. Teardrop - Various fixes and enhancements. Added DRC walk. Corrected problem with cline tee
when arc gradient enabled.
2. DRC - Changed filter to show selected drc items.
3. Compare - Gui stays open now for other interactive commands. Added "Auto display" feature.
Aded "Stop" button in the lower right corner of the screen.
4. Change - Corrected a problem where text was not moved to the new location.
5. dalCeHdl tools initial release. Includes only align and pinwire.
1. HDL - All HDL tools updated to work with 17.2 database file structure changes.
2, dal - Core change to handle cases where anti-virus software prevents writing the license
verification file in the temp directory location.
1. Origin - Corrected a condition when using "Center of max objects" caused a hang.
2. Figure - Added a note when the "Create shape" button is enabled that text will not be inserted
because it would be obscured by the shape.
3. Mirror - Corrected an issue where symbols were mirrored by the xy location instead of the symbol
1. Teardrop - Corrected a problem where the red light busy button was on after adding all testpoints.
2. Move - Added dynamic DRC feature button.
3. Various updates for compatibility with 17.2.
1. Stackup - Added feature to enable swapping of constraint layer values.
1. Diffpair - New feature to resize and respace diff pairs even when they have arcs.
2. Danglingline - Various non-arc finder improvements. DRC mode and does not flag now when
violation is under a pad.
3. Teardrop - Various updates.
1. Teardrop - Corrected several issues.
2. Danglingline - non arcs under pads and shapes are no longer reported.
3. Library - Corrected a linux related issue preventing symbol compare, modify, refresh and reporting.
1. PinChange - Corrected a problem with the new To: pad was not already loaded in the database.
2. PinChange - Added automated solderpaste change feature.
3. Out - Corrected a problem with the ncdrill directory location.
1. Origin - Fixed issue that required user to select done twice to exit.
2. HdlSeedproof - Now runs from custom menus.
3. Out - Missing art_param error when ads_sdart is was used has been fixed.
4. Layer - Local view delete was leaving the name behind.
1. Backdrill - Increased gui box accuracy to the database units.
2. Backdrill - S069 from Cadence had a shape parent error condition that is now fixed.
3. Backdrill - Corrected a problem with the pad oversize on outer layers affecting the route keepout
dia. This was actually a bug in the way the numerical values were stored in the form.
4. Via2Excel - Released.
1. Testpoint - Functional testpoint type section update.
1. Teardrop - Various updates.
2. Shapenet - Fixed Region issue and enhanced to change multiple shape net names at one time.
3. GndRing - Units now match database accuracy. Via structures "Allow drcs" feature fixed.
4. Stackup - Corrected a problem with net names having net_short properties not retaining the
original netname when moved.
1. Library - Added verbose option to compare report.
2. Layer - Corrected a problem when the / char was in the subclass name.
3. DanglingLine - Several enhancements and GUI update.
1. ShapeModify - Properties are now maintained for 'or and 'and operations.
2. Teardrop - Major updates.
3. dalHdlGetConnects - Fixed a problem with negative nets. Ex -VSS vs. VSS* in chips.prt file.
4. HdlSearchReplace - Added option for _netrename vs. sig_name prop change.
5. Browse - Various enhancement and fixes. Multiselect and re-highlight enabled.
6. Search - Bug fixes and enhancements.
7. Change - Added line width change feature.
8. Library - Corrected a print releated error when comparing certain mech symbols.
9. Net - Resolved an issue that was causing a hang.
1. HdlSearchReplace - Shortened the grid list for Linux overlap issue.
2. Stackup - Added constraint areas, Ignore fixed and Maintain via nets options.
3. Library - Added feature to write a single .dra, .psm, .pad, etc to disk.
4. Offset - Arc to arc intersection issue fixed.
5. Chamfer/Radius - Now completely supports arcs.
6. Netshort - Corrected a problem with reading the netshort property syntax. Updated the gui with
new Run mode 2 button based on customer input.
7. Layer - Added Plan to the list of etch layers.
1. Origin - The "Center of max bounding object" option was not working. Fixed.
2. Spiral - Now works in APD and SiP editors.
3. Out - Added Allegro command line batch option.
4. Teardrop - Added Cadence type fillet buttons back into the GUI.
1. HDL Search and Replace - Fixed a problem where the rename net function removed the net
2. Core - Corrected a problem with the dalTools menu in Cadence beta version. Still have the read
only problem though.
1. Hole - Increased field size for stacked layer listing. Add web demo on how to use the tool.
2. Out - Added zip cmd pause debug option checkbox to copyZip GUI.
1. The dalTools HDL suite of tools now work in Linux. See video demo here:
1. DRC - Corrected a problem with the 3D checker HL HighV button. Added HL color button. Various
other enhancements and bug fixes.
2. Added images back in the menu under "View".
1. Chamfer/Radius - Does not allow arc selections now.
2. Browse - Fixed an issue where the GUI did not close when another command was started.
3. Text - Added "Rotate any text" feature.
4. GndRing - Corrected the unfilled shape issue when the ring was put on the outside.
5. Measure - Now displays the angle between line segments.
6. Measure - Now works for hole to hole and hole to other objects.
7. Hole - Added a measure button link to dal measure for easy hole to hole interactive measurements.
1. Out - When the activate viewer option was selected. The viewer was not opening. This has been
2. Measure - Pin vertex for Pin layers now works correctly.
3. ShapeModify - Fixed resize property retainer and void error message.
4. Out - Added Create dir feature to the Copy/Zip section.
5. Origin - Point selection now snaps to the nearest grid point.
6. Layer - Corrected a problem that could cause the GUI not to open.
7. Chamfer - New command. See documentation for details.
8. Radius - New command. See documentation for details.
9. Unmiter - New command. Seed documentation for details.
1. Stackup - Reduced the size of the confirmation window. On laptops the Proceed? button was
getting obscured in some cases.
1. Teardrop - Fixed a problem where the teardrop extended past the end of a pad.
1. Out - Fixed .html/.txt report contents and enhanced PDF error messages.
2. Stretch - Corrected a problem associated with line font params with <16.6 databases.
3. Changed to allow 17.2 release to run.
1. Teardrop - Shapes less than the minimum shape suppression are not inserted.
2. GndReturn - Gnd pins are now included in addition to vias.
1. Highlight - Added to P+ license tier.
1. Netshort - This command no longer requires a license like cut, stretch and sprial.
1. Move - Added RatTs to the find filter.
2. Plot - Added import command line feature. See help. Ex dal plot import "filename"
3. Netshort - Added various new features.
4. ShapeCheck - Corrected issues related to the void clearance check function.
1. Setup - The dalTools menu on install was not triggered until Allegro was re-started.
2. Library - Added the library command to the P+ suite. Added optional auto update after compare.
3. Adiout - Corrected a problem with ODB++ out.
4. NetShort - Added new functions.
5. Library - Added refresh padstack/symbol by text file .lst.
6. Taper - Update to fix a corner case database crash issue.
7. Figure - Added create shape, filled and dynamic shape option.
8. ShapeModify - Void was not deselecting the original object.
9. Teardrop - Corrected several issues.
1. DRC - Corrected a problem with the anti etch (moat) to drill check when slots were in the database.
2. Layer - Added HL color and DHL all buttons at the top of the GUI.
3. Compare - Added a button to show the number of manufacturing layers used.
4. Highlight - Added electrical, physical and spacing constraint sets to the list.
5. Out - Added ODB out confirmation message to update valor software if < version 9.4. Also fixed
the delete extracted files function.
6. Text - Extended custom variable field and made the gui size adjustable.
7. Spiral - New command.
8. Taper - Various fixes and updates.
9. Adiout - Now deletes the ODB extracted files on versions 9.4 and above.
1. Delay - Changed (ps) to (ns) in the detailed summary report.
2. HDL - Fixed a problem that was causing the Allegro editor not to sync with HDL.
1. Coax - Corrected a problem with the arc and line setting getting inverted.
2. Stretch - Dynamic shape props are now retained after shapes are stretched.
3. Cut - Dynamic shape parameters are now retained along with region properties.
4. Taper - Various updates and enhancements. (Teardrop updates to follow soon)
1. Text - Corrected a problem with text block counts.
2. ShapeCheck - Corrected problems with drcs when running multiple layers. Now checks same void
to same void clearances.
1. ShapeModify - Fixed a problem that was causing ShapeCheck to open instead.
2. ShapeCheck - Fixed a problem that was causing ShapeModify to open instead.
1. Zcopy - Added delete original check button.
2. Copy - Corrected a problem with a Cadence bug with axlSnapToObject / "Logic Object Connect
Point" now working.
3. Move - Corrected a problem with a Cadence bug with axlSnapToObject / "Logic Object Connect
Point" now working.
4. Net - Added net name by text select button.
5. Line - Corrected a problem with a Cadence bug with axlSnapToObject / "Logic Object Connect
Point" now working.
6. GndReturn - New command to check for minimum high speed return paths. See products page for
PDF documentation and video demo.
1. Stackup - Problem when the "noconfirm" variable was set. Added unset "noconfirm" to dal core
command to prevent this issue in the future.
2. Delay - Corrected a problem that was causing the command not to start.
1. Hole - Fixed a problem with the precision display for the field values.
2. Highlight - Added new button: Dehighlight before new highlight.
3. Adiout - Corrected a problem where ODB++ was failing due to capital characters in the $module
name. The command line input does not support capital letters so we added lowerCase().
4. Delay - There was a failure when the $localenv/dts_site directory did not exist.
5. Out - Updated the ODB++ out feature to handle newer ODB++ out ver 9.4 and above.
6. Plot - Changed the code to crop the PDF prints with Ghostscript. Adobe Acrobat is not longer
needed or suggested. Ghostscript is now the default postscript distiller.
1. Taper - Added new "Missing" taper button with highlight, drc and flash features.
1. Delay - Corrected a problem with xnets.
2. Text - Silkscreen line segments were not dehighlighting.
3. Split - Added several new features and updated the documentation.
4. Cut - Added delete all outside of box feature. Also added "Ignore fixed" checkbutton.
5. Taper - New command.
1. Plot - Enhanced error messages when CutePDF Writer is selected for the printer and the env is
not setup correctly.
2. ViaChange - Corrected a problem where vias attached to fixed symbols were not changing even
when the IGNORE Fixed button was checked.
3. ShapeCheck - Removed the max value restriction in the gap field.
4. ShapeCheck - Added Acid trap and min void area checks.
1. ShapeModify - Enhanced the void object feature to now void multiple shapes at one time.
2. Stretch - Now supports line fonts.
3. Highlight - Added rat/unrat by highlighted object. Added shadow button.
4. ShapeModify - Moved the OOD functions to new command ShapeCheck.
5. ShapeCheck - New command for checking various shape parameters and void spacings.
1. Adiout - Corrected a problem with the -l option for the nctape command line.
2. Backdrill - Added "Enable pad change template" feature. Drill symbols and tolerances of vias/pins
can be customized through the use of a control file.
1. Zcopy - Added "Highligted only" filter to the selection set option.
2. Backdrill - Route keepouts are now not added on negative layers when padstacks are changed.
3. DRC - Added 3D clearance multi selection list for netclass 2 in order to simplify setup for multiple
4. Grid - Corrected a problem with the precision of the grid values. Added the database units display
in the GUI.
1. Browse - Corrected a problem where the pins were not highlighting properly.
2. ViaChange - Change highlighted vias now works with highlighted nets and vias that are highlighted
1. ShapeModify - Added out of date report and zoom/highlight/walker.
2. ShapeModify - Added object reject button in void mode.
3. Delay - Added member qty to highlight report.
4. Teardrop - Added missing teardrop report and zoom/highlight/walker.
1. Text - Added support for odd angle text rotation highlighting.
2. Browse - Renamed Netcheck to Browse and added new symbol/pin browsing functionality.
3. Teardrop - Beta release #1 of new teardrop command.
4. Dxf - Corrected a problem where all the layers were imported on a single layer.
1. Backdrill - Changed pad name convention adding a _ between the top and bottom layers.
2. Text - Added highlight symbol by rotation feature.
3. Cut - Corrected a problem where the line lock was causing subsequent add connect to change to
1. ShapeModify - Corrected a problem with void concerning parent dbid.
2. Move - Corrected an issue with object selection when centering between two objects.
3. ViaChange - Corrected an issue when a via would not change netnames due to clines there were
connected that did not have the same netname.
4. Backdrill - Corrected a problem where the "Obtain backdrill size from template" button would not
un-check. Also corrected a problem with the status "successOverride" status not creating the
1. ShapeModify - Added XOR shape operation option. Corrected a problem where shapes were
dis-associated from the parent symbol.
2. Change - Corrected a problem with unfilled shapes on certain class layers.
3. Merge - Fixed several bugs related to intersections and made performance improvements.
4. Layer - Added ROOM layer support.
5. Library - Corrected issues caused when there were spaces in the .brd path.
1. Text - Added new feature under the change tab. Center pin number text.
2. Width - Corrected a maintenance date issue with the license mechanism.
1. Danglingline - Added batch report function. See help for syntax information.
2. Mirror - Corrected a date code error for maintenance.
3. Backdrill - Corrected a floating point issue mis-match in the drill template file.
1. Backdrill - Update to the PDF documentation and video demos.
1. ShapeModify - Added "Dynamic shape instance parameter" feature. Updated documentation.
1. Backdrill - Various updates and GUI change.
1. Library - Corrected a problem where the compare function was ignoring the package geometry
1. Stackup - Shape priority levels are now maintained.
2. Shape - Added shape and void resize feature.
3. Zcopy - Added "Regular", "Anti", "Thermal" and "Drill" pad type options. The pin/via layer may also
be specified now in the form.
4. Viachange - Corrected a problem where via would not change netname. Also improved the
selection process by adding a "Next" right mouse popup button.
5. Layer, Backdrill, Delay, Diffpair,Dxf2mcm,Highlight,Refdesrename - Updated so that the forms
close when opening another design.
6. Shape - Changed name to shapeModify for clarity.
7. Added license maintenance date verify routine.
8. Backdrill - Major updates and enhancements including pad change support.
1. Line - Changed name to Line/Shape. Now has the ability to add shapes in addition to lines.
2. Hole - Corrected a problem with NPTH to NPTH checks.
1. DXF - New command that converts most .dxf files that Cadences' File->Import->DXF will not. This
command was added in the File menu.
2. Dxf2mcm - Added a button link to the gui for the new "dal dxf" command.
1. Out - Corrected a problem with the import settings feature.
1. Layer - Non-Etch Conductor subclass are now sorted correctly.
2. Stackup - Added Symbol, Anti Etch and Route Keepout check button options.
3. Out - Activated the import/export feature in the main and copy/zip section.
4. Hole - Update to increase analysis speed.
1. Change - Corrected a problem when changing clines. The error was: Illegal parent identifier.
2. Change - Added "Ignore fixed" checkbox in the GUI.
3. Release new command: dal hole Comprehensive hole to hole checker.
4. Search - New command added under the Help menu button. Allows the user to search/run
dalTools commands by keyword and quickly search/find by text search in the menu file.
5. Place - Corrected a condition where the DxDesigner intelligent PDF file xy pattern was not rotated
correctly. Also corrected a problem with this type of refdes not getting read; C4X2.
6. Core - Added support in the licensing mechanism for P+products.
7. Stackup - New command that allows easy layer order movement in the stackup.
8. Change - Corrected a problem when changing dynamic shapes to other layers. Before it was not
maintaining dynamic shape attributes.
1. Hole - Beta release of the hole to hole clearance checker.
1. Mirror - Added support for groups.
2. Change - Added "Allow symbol edits" button.
1. Core - Added maintenance expiration authorization checks versus the currently installed version
2. Layer - Added support for APD/SIP Diestack and wirebond profile layers.
3. Shape - Added documentation for the copy void feature in the PDF file.
4. Shape - Corrected a problem copying voids from shapes to another dynamic shape.
1. Hdl - Corrected a problem with the hdlConfig.il script. The last entry was not set to be the localenv
path and cause the editor to hang.
2. Core - Allow dalTools to run in Allegro 17.0.
1. Backdrill - Corrected an issue when the backdrill toLayer was 2 or n-1 which caused an error
2. Core - Corrected a problem with windows 8 and the command for license validation.
1. Library - Corrected a problem with APD layer class mapping names between symbols and the
2. Layer - Added the capability to add extra layers such a registration,ect to each film record entry
when using the "Create film records" utility.
3. ShapePriority - Added a "Lower" priority button.
4. Text - Added "Attach text to symbol" and "Detach text to symbol" features under the change tab.
5. Core - Added env variable support to disable the company specific menu. See setup.pdf for more
information. The env variable is: dts_no_menu_custom and may be set in the env or allegro.ilinit file.
1. Place - Corrected a problem with Capture .xrf files that have a very long schematic name in the
report that was causing the editor to crash.
2. Core - Added Korean language support for the license mechanism.
3. Text - Fixed a problem where false drcs were reported for text inside of circles in certain cases.
1. Coax - Fixed a problem with the "Allow drcs" feature.
1. Compare - Corrected a problem that occured when the "/" was in the sublass film record name.
2. Compare - Corrected a problem that occured when the film record name was very long.
3. Compare - Corrected a problem where lines that were identical except for the width were not
flagged as differences.
4. Compare - Added check button option to ignore line width differences.
5. Coax - Added separate signal to via spacing setting. Various improvements in GUI text labels.
6. Detail- Corrected a problem with the nc drill legend layers returning a readstring error.
7. Core - Added a customized company menu feature. See dal setup -> help or the setup.pdf for
1. Core - Changed the default source entry location for dts.env in the allegro.ilinit setup from: source
./dts_site/dts.env to source $localenv/dts_site/dts.env This prevented a problem in a particular install
2. dxf2mcm - Various updates to handle new case types.
3. Text - drc check fixes.
2. Place - Corrected a problem with Cref reading multi-sectional parts in Capture data files incorrectly.
1. Layer - Added "Toggle select" for the right side selections to make it more clear how that column
2. Text - Corrected a problem in the DRC section where vias and pads were not getting a DRC
1. Core - Corrected a problem in dalStart() that would load the allegro menu unnecessarily and
cause a crash in certain situations.
1. Copy - Corrected a problem with center between objects.
2. Move - Corrected a problem with center between objects.
3. ViaIntersect - Corrected a warning message when the dts_site directory did not exist.
4. Core - Multiple admin users can now be listed separated by spaces.
1. core - Added the option to override the check for Cadence versions. set dts_ignore_cds_version.
This is in the case where a customer cannot update to the latest Cadence revision.
1. backdrill - Corrected a problem with the assign property selecting invisible nets. Also add a new
highlight feature for MIN_PIN_PTH failures.
1. core - Corrected a problem with older XP computers not reporting the CPU serial number correctly
when used for node lock licenses.
1. dxf2mcm - Corrected a problem when creating the mcm without the die package or bond wires.
2. seedproof - Corrected a problem with getConnects for vectored nets.
1. Core - Corrected an install issue for APD and SIP editors when the files apd.ilinit and/or cdnsip.ilinit
files existed in the $localenv directory. The install now asks which editor you would like to install
1. Text - Drc enhancent added for silk to net checks.
2. Out - Added export button in the copy/zip section.
3. Change - Corrected a problem when changing segments and other various fixes.
1. HdlSection - Corrected an issue with section place.
2. HdlSeedproof - Corrected several issues.
3. Drc -Updated the 3D High voltage isolation checker PDF documentation and video.
4. Backdrill - toLayer +/- 1 adjustment feature added. Now the dynamic shapes are temporarily
disabled to speed up the route keepout insertion for large designs.
5. Viamask - Various usability updates.
6. Copy and Move - Fixed a problem where center between 2 objects would not work with items
7. Library - Several enhancements added and fixes in the compare tab.
1. Layer - Added origin layer to listing.
2. Backdrill - More Beta improvements. Close to release status now.
3. PinChange - Added "Ignore fixed" and "Backdrill only" checkboxes.
4. Library - Fixed several issues with database rounding and accuracy differences between symbols
and the .brd database.
1. HDL updates for 16.6.
1. RefdesRename - New utility to help with renaming reference designators in a board xy grid pattern.
1. HdlMultiSiteCopy - Update and release PDF documentation and video demo.
1. Cut - Corrected a problem that would hang the editor when cancel or done was typed in the
console window instead of RMB done/cancel.
2. PinChange - New command to quickly and easily change pin padstacks intelligently.
3. Backdrill - Very preliminary Alpha release in order to get customer feedback on how this command
should work. The idea is to attach route keepout shapes to symbols around the NPTH drill plunge
areas to keep copper out of those areas. Vias will be changed to via structures that contain attached
route keepout geometries also. This way the keepouts will update automatically by property value
and move when a via or symbol moves. There will be many other utilites included in this command to
aid in backdrill designs.
1. PinChange - New command under the tools menu to change pin padstacks quickly and easily.
1. Core - Fixed a problem with case sensitivity in login names per the license file entry.
1. GndRing - Added support for shape via fences.
2. Core - Update to handle ","s in the DNS server suffix name(s).
1. Plot - Corrected a problem that occurred when a null entry was in the artwork film record.
2. hdlSection - Now supports multi-section sizable parts.
3. Origin - added oops functionality.
4. dxf2mcm - Various changes.
1. Net - Corrected a problem that could cause the command to hang.
1. Layer - Added command line option: dal layer offbyselect.
1. Text - Corrected an issue when multi-edit lines were blank.
2. dxf2mcm - Various modifications.
3. hdlMultiSiteCopy - Initial release.
1. Core - Problem with GUI buttons not changing when replaying scripts containing dalTools
commands. Add the -scrEnable argument for dal commands inside scripts to workaround this
problem with the axlShellPost() command. Scripts should call for example, "dal vertex -scrEnable"
first to load the skill and then the command without spaces. Ex. dalvertex.
2. Width - Added .csv report.
1. Layer - Fix for main view resetting the aux layers.
1. Update to the DNS license mechanism.
1. out - Added batch output capability and fabmaster out under the other tab.
1. dxf2mcm update.
1. Core - Corrected license message in console window.
1. dxf2mcm - message updates.
2. layer - view tab updates.
3. Core - Added support for DXF suite.
1. dxf2mcm - Corrected a problem with the scale feature for shapes.
2. Extents - Added a new option to define the extents by 2 points.
3. Measure - Now shows what database units and alternate units that are displayed.
4. Layer - Corrected a problem where predefined views were not restoring properly.
1. Zcopy - Added Void/Cavity support.
2. Core - Added support for multiple company DNS server name entries.
1. Out - Various updates and enhancements.
1. Shape - Fixes for oops and cancel functions. Shapes tied to symbols now stay attached after
2. Out - Added place_txt extraction to the other tab.
3. Prop - Fixes for oops and cancel function and better selection highlighting.
1. Out - Added support for artwork prefix and suffix names. Assorted other bug fixes.
1. Layer - Added new views tab and support for wirebond profiles in APD.
2. Shape - Added void shape feature and other updates.
3. dxf2mcm - Various changes.
1. Merge - Various fixes and improvements.
2. Core - Change for DNS server filter.
3. dxf2mcm - Various updates.
1. Testpoint - Add/Delete testpoint now supports window and temp group selection.
2. Rectangle - New command to insert rectangles dynamically by center point.
3. Dxf2mcm - Update for different layer name .dxf syntax.
1. Compare - Added command line option to clear temporary manufacturing layers. Ex. dal compare
2. Copy - Now removes the following properties "IDX_OWNER" "IDX_ID" "IDX_EXCLUDE"
"IDX_BEND_TYPE_INFO" "IDX_OTHER_OUTLINE" "IDF_OWNER" "IDF_OTHER_OUTLINE" on all
object for mechanical transfer interfaces.
3. Zcopy - Same as above.
4. Change - Same as above.
1. Update to the setup documentation for HDL Company site installations.
1. Net - Added clines to the find filter.
2. GndRing - Corrected a problem with rectangular outlines that were failing.
3. dxf2mcm - Add bonwires on profile layer. Added delete all DXF graphics button. Other changes.
1. Library - Now reports "HEIGHT" properties embedded in components transferred from the PPT file.
2. Dxf2mcm - Various updates.
3. Offset - Correction for line to arc intersections.
4. Text - Option for which layers to import text changes from another board.
5. Width - Fixed an issue with the right mouse popup display.
1. LIne and Width - Corrected a gui form display problem when the database precision was higher
than 2 for the accuracy.
2. Offset - New command to offset line paths and segments.
3. Place - Corrected a problem where parts were placed off grid.
1. Core - Corrected a problem in 16.5 and 16.6 where the variable treeItem used in the menu data
files was causing a conflict with the Analyze/Model Assignment function.
1. Ipick - New command to move objects by grid spacings using the keyboard arrow keys. See
documentation on the products tab.
2. Highlight - New command to highlight objects using advanced search capabilities.
1. Setup - New options for compliant license verification. Company site license by network DNS
server and user login name support.
1. Text - Several improvements for dynamic change text size.
1. Text - Enhancement on the change tab to dynamically change the text size.
1. Net - New command to add and edit the netlist on the fly. Released PDF and video demo.
2. ViaChange - Fixed a problem when the assign netname was blank. Also released video demo.
1. ViaChange - Update to handle via structures and other enhancements.
2. Check - New microvia checking for internal laser copper blocks to destination layer.
1. Merge - Drc checks for overlap, intersections and parallel lines added.
1. Coax - Added draw function.
1. Dangling line - Fix for overlapping blind/buried vias.
2. Check - Various Alpha updates.
3. Coax - Faster now when inserting through dynamic shapes.
1. GndRing - Added Via structure and other new features/fixes.
1. GndRing - New command.
1. Layer - Corrected a layer control issue.
2. Vertex - Now warns when there are overlapping lines that cause create corner to fail.
1. Line - Add dynamic circle/arc tangent snap feature and other updates.
2. Place - Add feature when 0 is entered in the highlight pages box it de-highlights all symbols. Add
exception when schematic branding was set to an incorrect value of 'none for Capture input.
3. Layer - Enhancements for saved views, better layer option toggles, bug fixes, etc.
1. DRC - Corrected a problem with delete xdrcs.
2. ViaCore - Released.
1. dxf2mcm - Various updates and fixes.
1. Layer - Fixed "Non Etch" tab selection layer toggle issue.
2. Xtalk, Delay and Diffpair now warn if feature levels are not supported in the Cadence product level.
1. dxf2mcm - More updates and new documentation.
2. Merge - More intersection options added.
1. dxf2mcm - Various feature adds and bug fixes.
1. Move - Changed pin and via snap from center to origin.
2. Copy - Changed pin and via snap from center to origin.
3. Measure - Changed pin and via snap from center to origin.
4. Setup - User can no longer quit the window. They must save or cancel.
5. dxf2mcm - Updates.
1. ViaInsert - New command added to the custom menu.
1. Setup - The env settings are now not changed until the save button is clicked.
1. Setup - Added "Log stats" usage button in the "dal setup" form.
2. Prop - Added shapes and text to the list of objects that can be attached or detached to symbols.
3. NetCheck - Added highlight tab to gui. This allows highlighting of nets by refdes.pin lists.
1. dxf2mcm - Initial release.
1. Drc - Correct etch,pin and via layers now are all displayed with drc walk.
2. Text - Added "Change to match text size" button.
1. Drc - Corrected an issue with the annular ring check.
2. dxf2mcm - Added the Allegro Package Designer custom command.
3. Measure - Added a snap option called "Pin closest box corner" for oblong end pin, etc. snapping.
3. Copy - Can now copy cline and line segments.
4. Move - Can now move cline and line segments.
5. ViaInsert - Automatically inserts vias from a text file input.
6. Origin - New command that allows advanced object snapping of the origin location. For example
center between objects, etc.
1. Line - Update for APD layer name mapping.
2. Shape - Corrected an issue with the ANDNOT function.
3. Dxf - Added a destination layer selection option to the gui.
4. Danglingline - Added isolated and single shape connected via options.
5. Seedproof - Fix page filter bug.
1. Testpoint - When probes were on the top the soldermask DRC was incorrect.
2. Delay - Corrected an error when the current directory was read only.
3. Check - Initial base release with one starter application in the Assembly tab for smt/copper check.
4. DXF - Initial beta release.
1. Change - Corrected a problem where the voids in shapes were not changed/copied.
2. Zcopy - Changed the "offset" value input decimal places to match the database accuracy.
3. Change - Corrected a problem where text was copied to the wrong location offset.
1. Change - Added "Copy objects" and "Same location" function buttons to the gui.
1. Update to dal shape. Added "or", "and" and "andnot" functions.
1. Various gui text alignment corrections for linux character spacing differences versus windows.
1. Text - Added an option under the edit tab to import symbol refdes text locations from another
database. Useful for offloading silkscreen and assembly edits to another designer.
1. Compare - New option tab added for comparing/updating a template PCB to a finished layout. Now
supports cases where the layer names in the film records between the old and the new database may
2. Layer - Corrected an issue when an argument command was passed and the window would close
if it was already open. Added non-etch tab for fast layer changes and other options.
3. Zcopy - Added a "Same location" button for quick copies at the same xy location.
4. Cut - Corrected console warning messages for 0 width lines in certain cases.
1. Detail - Added an right mouse popup option to pick the relative originating scale points.
1. Setup - Added an option to dynamically add the dalTools menu in the top menu.
2. Help - Added a link to the dalTools web site.
3. Setup - Added license info email button for license setup and debug.
1. HdlSearchReplace - New command for intelligent property search and replace in the HDL editor.
2. Zcopy - Corrected a problem with via and pin shape copies when more than one etch layer is on.
3. Dal - Corrected a problem when the mac address was not read correctly. Add ipconfig /all report
to the license info report on windows for better license debugging.
1. Merge - Corrected a problem when lines had the same slope and added a gap mode option.
1. Coax - Added via fence feature.
2. ViaIntersect - Added ability to copy/paste the via name.
3. Menu - Fixed and issue where ctrl-z would close the window.
4. Layer - Fixed and issue where ctrl-z would close the window.
5. Coax - Added option to draw the shield as a cline. Updated documentation.
1. DanglingLine - Added other button for highlighting lonely (not connected with a cline) vias.
2. Coax - Corrected a problem where the pins/vias were not expanded. Also corrected an issue when
diff pair or mulitiple clines were selected by window. No longer beta version.
3. HdlSeedProof - Added option to run by page range.
1. Testpoint - Added documentation PDF and video demo.
2. NetPlace - Added check button option to blank nets tied to NC symbols.
1. LicenseInfo - New entry in the setup menu so "setup" site protected users are able to view the
2. Testpoint - New command to greatly enhance the process of adding and verifying testpoints.
3. Detail - Fixed an error condition when detailing drill figures.
4. ViaMask - Via Testpoints are now ignored for size reduction.
5. Compare - Added option to compare the displayed layers only and Select all/Deselect all buttons.
6. Place - Added better error message when the input type setting was incorrect.
7. Line - Fixed an error message when snapping to an object.
8. Text - Added option in the "Add" tab to add netname, refdes and pin number silkscreen quickly.
9. Xtalk - Minor updates and improvements made to the PDF documentation.
1. Grid - Corrected error message.
2. Swap - Corrected a problem with swap codes not matching.
3. Compare - Corrected a problem when a padstack contained a non nil figure with height/width = 0.0
4. Layer - Form values/settings were not being saved. Corrected.
5. Setup - Added dalTools revision to the licence info report.
6. Coax - Changed accuracy display from 2 to 4 and added an option to keep existing shapes.
1. Coax - Corrected an issue where the shield was not inserted and other rough shape edge issue.
2. Text - Added the correct clearance to the text drc show element data.
3. Library - Corrected a problem with blankstrp failure when a flash was not a string.
1. Cut - Corrected a problem where shapes were deleted instead of cut.
2. Setup - Corrected a problem with the server site licence name read function.
1. HdlPinWire - Corrected run time import function issue and undo function.
2. HdlAlign - Corrected run time import function issue.
3. Setup - Added option for using either Allegro Free Viewer Plus or the Allegro drawing editor
interface for the HDL Gui.
4. Place - Corrected an issue in xy pattern placement where a hang occured if another command was
entered in the console window twice while waiting on input after placing parts down.
5. Setup - Added site licensing functionality.
6. Place - Slight adjustment to the re-place gui positions.
1. Plot - Added import/export for the group/layer settings. This allows the batch layer settings to
easily be moved between different designs.
2. Zcopy - Disabled dynamic shape conversion in .dra's that caused a crash. Dra's don't allow dyn
3. Cut - Now supports symbol and text cut/copy.
4. Split - Disallowed the split of 16.5 DATUM_REFERENCE dimensions.
5. Move - Fixed a problem with center between two objects selected a snap point on the selected obj
6. Copy - Same as issue # 5 shown above.
1. Setup - Corrected an issue with the log data.
1. License - Add OS Type to the license data. Now checks the OS env vs. the license file. Window
2. Setup - Added optional command logging feature. See setup for how to enable.
3. Delay - Added "Export to csv" button in the graph window.
1. Text - Increased custom variable text length for long text lines.
2. Extents - Added command line batch capability per customer request.
3. Core - Fixed a license issue where wired networks syntax failed.
4. Text - Added an option to disable real time text move drcs. In some cases it runs slow. Need to
investigate the issue further and correct later.
1. HdlSection - Updated with "status all" button and refdes browser. More robust body selector.
2. Text - Included option for top and bottom etch text in silkscreen layer checks.
3. Updated setup help instructions for pre-existing custom menu installations.
1. Compare - Spaces are now allowed in the file path.
2. Out - Spaces are now allowed in the path for idf output.
3. Line - Fixed a form bug that was causing a failure.
4. Coax - Fixed a major bug. Still beta version with more features coming.
1. ShapeSplit - Corrected a problem when the route keepin/all layer does not exist.
2. ShapeSplit - Corrected a problem with the anti-etch corners coming out as square.
3. ShapeSplit - Created the pdf and video documentation.
1. ViaMask - Added setting button, "Cover vias under place_bound/dfa areas".
2. Out - Corrected cdszip path.
3. Extents - New command to automatically reduce the graphic size of .dra and .brds.
4. Drc - Added annular ring check for negative layer anti-etch issues.
1. Place - Updates for better oops and dynamic move management.
2. Library - Changed log files to default text editor. Added command line argument input.
3. Compare - Better error reporting. Hooks for accuracy and database offset.
4. Fixed form names when recording scripts.
5. ShapeSplit - New command to make creating split planes faster and easier.
1. ShapePriority - New command to quickly set and display dynamic shape priorities.
1. Compare - Now shows number of changes in the artwork list display.
2. Compare - Fixed linux Symbol change report open error.
3. Swap - Added new feature to swap two objects xy locations.
1. Menu - Renamed Analyze menu to Checking. Organized menu better by moving some items.
2. Coax - More updates.
1. Coax - Moved menu item from the tools menu to the routing menu.
2. Place - Fixed some bugs in the place by xy pattern section. Improved highlighting and selection
3. Coax - Fixed bug when side shield being added when side checkbutton was off.
4. Coax - Added add shield on route keep out layer check box.
1. hdl - Update for 16.2 compatibility.
2. images - Added feature to save/restore by file name and directory viewer.
3. Fixed multi-run MPS timeout errors in hdlGrid and hdlNetplace.
1. hdlGrid - New command for HDL that finds and puts bodies on grid.
1. Width - Added popup feature to change all clines on the active layer or all etch layers.
1. Plot - Changed to not error when skill returns "path" list nil.
2. Mirror - Added pins to the find filter in the drawing editor.
3. Menu - Added the pdf and video link to the help window. Updated the help pdf.
1. "Images" command gui change and update.
1. Update share directory for 16.6 menus with dalTools added.
2. Added File->Filemanager functionality to Linux install.
3. Fixed error message in compare when nothing was selected for the file name.
3. Fixed a bug in place when entering page number highlight input.
1. Corrected setup.pdf and the text displayed in the setup admin permission pop up gui.
1. Added manual company site setup instructions to setup.pdf in the setup directory and support web
page. Also how to add admin controls and protection over customized company site settings.
2. Linux license info now reports info from the license.dat instead of the license.txt.
1. Corrected a problem with dal detail for class and sublass display. Also fixed a pin layer copy bug.
2. Added real time drc feedback functionality to dal text -> move.
1. Corrected a problem with the free_viewer starting in hdl commands.
1. Added the initial menu pop up feature to the free_viewer_plus mode for seedproof and netplace.
2. Updated the seedproof help pdf to instruct on how to configure the project manager for the free
viewer MPS enabled service.